I’ve updated my future races page… am I missing anything?? It’s going to be a bizzy, bizzy year. The races I’m most looking forward to are, in order:
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon – you know, for reasons like attempting a one hour, thirteen minute course PR. (last year’s recap here)
- Deckers Creek half marathon – because this was the best I have EVER felt running, ever. Read my 2012 recap here.
- Marine Corps Marathon – flat course, in the fall. Hopefully this will be my marathon PR.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Pittsburgh Half Marathon – because I’m obsessed with this city and can’t wait to run through it again.
- Megatransect Challenge – a truly intimidating elevation profile, and 26+ miles to boot. A serious trail undertaking.
I’ve been participating in many group runs with my road runners club, Steel City Road Runners, and I’m finding it to be incredibly helpful. I kind of forget that I’m running mile after mile at a prescribed pace, because it feels more like a social occasion where I meet new friends and see new parts of the city every day. I will most likely try to join a pace group for the marathon in May, because that kind of camaraderie is exactly what this girl needs.
What is your favorite race, and why?